Managerial Accounting Reports
Accounting reports are a crucial part of making sure you have a complete picture of how your business is performing. A comprehensive accounting report should be produced every quarter to give you a holistic view of your business’s finances. This is especially critical for small-business owners, who can derive important strategic insights from these crucial documents. With our managerial accounting services, you can get comprehensive reports promptly executed by a team of financial experts.
What Are Accounting Management Reports?
Accounting reports display the financial status of a business at present or over a specific period of time. These reports compile financial information from accounting records and can include data like transactions, operational costs, product profitability, and regional sales. These reports are made so that managers can make informed business decisions. When businesses rely on managerial accounting help, they can more easily gather information that helps managers guide the business toward meeting its goals.
What Are the Types of Accounting Reports?
There are several different kinds of managerial accounting reports you should develop regularly:
- Budget Report: The budget report is perhaps the most fundamental report in managerial accounting. It helps business owners understand and control costs across the enterprise, whether it’s a unified organization or has several departments. By evaluating expenses in prior years, it becomes possible to estimate budgets for the following year and find places to cut costs.
- Accounts Receivable Aging Report: This type of report is crucial for any business that offers credit to consumers. It provides an overview of credit balances according to age, typically including separate categories for items that are 30, 60, and 90 days late. This can help adjust credit policies to align them with consumers’ payment capabilities.
- Job Cost Report: Job cost reports provide a side-by-side view of the total cost accrued in a single project compared to the expected revenue yielded by that project. This report helps leaders evaluate the profitability of specific types of jobs and optimize their operations by focusing on the jobs that are typically the most profitable overall.
- Inventory and Manufacturing Report: Companies that produce physical products, especially those in manufacturing with a low fault tolerance, find these reports very valuable. They help centralize data on inventory costs, labor, and other forms of overhead involved in the production process, providing raw data to optimize assembly or machining.
What Are the Types of Financial Statements Used in Accounting Reports?
Financial statements in managerial accounting help to produce the reports that managers rely on. Many accounting reports are created by compiling data from the following types of financial statements:
- Income statement
- Statement of changes in equity
- Balance sheet
- Statement of cash flows
The Purpose of Accounting Reports
No matter what type of business you may be involved in, the right kind of financial accounting reports can help you achieve your goals more effectively. Accounting, reporting, and other functions can give you a sense of the state of your business’s finances and can provide insights that can help you capture opportunities in the marketplace. Having detailed records of cash flow and transactions helps businesses avoid being sanctioned for inaccuracies and can greatly reduce the risk of fraud within the business.
If you would like to cut costs and save what could be hundreds of hours of labor on your quarterly accounting, consider using outsourced accounting services from Ignite Spot. Ignite Spot can provide you with a team of experienced, knowledgeable, and motivated accounting professionals to help your firm grow with reliable accounting and bookkeeping services. Ignite Spot is the perfect solution for any small business. We regularly help businesses with $500,000 to $10 million in annual revenue to achieve greater profitability and reduce their debt, improving their outlook for years. To learn more about Ignite Spot and our managerial accounting services, download our pricing guide online or call or email us today.
Learn More About Small-Business Accounting
- Virtual Bookkeeping for Your Business
- Tax Preparation for Small Businesses
- Complete Textbook on Managerial Accounting
Lean More About Financial Reporting
- What Is an Accounts Receivable Aging Report?
- What Is an Accounts Payable Aging Report?
- What Are Cash Flow Statements?
- What Are Managerial Accounting Reports?
- What Are the Four Basic Financial Statements?
- What Are Common Business Expenses?
- How to Keep Track of Business Expenses
Written by Eddy Hood